Saturday, January 15, 2011

Freezer Project

Well today I cooked a meatball and pasta casserole for dinner and made an extra to plan for the baby.  I have been buying extras and making casseroles for the last couple months to get ready.  My freezer was beginning to take on a life of its own so I knew I had to get out into the garage and organize it.  I was supposed to last week but I was overwhelmed by the project and it has been very cold outside.  After making this casserole tonight I got some ideas and got inspired to take it on.  I was supposed to do the hall closet but it will have to wait until tomorrow!  Tomorrows project is the main bath anyways so they go hand in hand.  Thanks to Brent for cleaning up after the kids and dinner, as welll as, the dishes so that I could get this done.  Here are some pictures of my organized freezer and the board I made on the wall to keep track.  Now if someone takes an item out of the freezer they can just remove the sticky note and I will always know whats in there.  Hope it works!




5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am totally going to steal this organization idea. Our freezer has a life of its own too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing what's there is good. If you've gone this far, might as well keep track of when it went in, when it came out, and use it to better plan how much of various things to keep. Knowing simply if something is or isn't there is great. Knowing what's old and needs to be purged would be good too. Hmm, and now if you knew just where in the freezer something is to start digging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are so organized! I need to take some lessons from you. I feel like life is such a whirlwind right now and it is all I can do to get through the day. I put the kids in bed a enjoy the silence for a little while before a new day starts all over again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! You have a ton of food in your freezer. My husband would have a coronary! He hates that I have extra of anything in our pantry or freezer.

    What an organized person you are. I wish I could be so organized....hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A -I try not to make things too complicated b/c i find we'll just stop doing them. If this works well I might just add a quick date to each one.
    bl -I don't usally have this much in the freezer but I have been preparing for the c-section. It actually makes me nervous b/c this freezer was my parents when I was a kid and I pray it doesn't die!!!

    ReplyDelete