Umm daddy's responsible for this picture!
Hamlin Cat taking away the pile of rocks B dug out of the yard all year long!
These are the landscaping rocks we choose for the back play area/garden! We will eventually make pillars and a bench. There are hundreds more coming!
B is in the back of the yard where we will put the swing set, tramp and garden. We had pea gravel delivered early so they wouldn't have to drive over the lawn. When we put in the tramp and swing set we will distribute the massive pile underneath. We will also have to level and make the rest of the wall and bench area.
Mom had to be in town for a seminar this week so I was able to spend several days with her. Mom and Abby opening mothers day presents the girls painted all by themselves. I was so proud of the meticulous job C did! We also made two for G. Ellwein.
B ordered several trucks of top soil for our lawn and this picture is of the truck that shoots topsoil so they can level as they go. Otherwise they have to dump a big pile and distribute it with a wheel burrow. This saved hours and hours of manual labor!
For Mother's Day we all went to Lucca's! It was so fun to all go together. Usually we wouldn't take the girls to such a fancy restaurant but men don't think to get babysitters! And it was Mother's Day so B was prepared to keep them busy. They really were two polite little girls. Mommy got in the most trouble for documenting my evening with my flash which I'm told (by hubby) that I was bothering the other patrons -he!
Amuse bouche
My mother-in-law, Sunetta, and I enjoying a glass of wine(adult juice)! "Here's to Moms!"
Madilyn my angel!
The girls having fun with Grandma!
My lobster tail special!
C was not interested in her spaghetti and meatball -she had more fun reading!
Big Dipper ice cream enjoyed by all after dinner!
C wouldn't move down -she just wanted to sit here! Goofy girl!Abby so cute in her piggy tails having a fascinating conversation with GS!
We ran into B's cousin Matt and his lovely wife Heather! It was fun to have ice cream in the walking mall and chat!
B and his dad Tim made this contraption in order to spread the top soil. B had to pull it around the whole yard over and over to make it perfectly level. The pile of top soil in the background is where the garden will be.
Sunetta and I took the girls to church while the guys stayed home in order to get ahead of the rain and boy did I get a surprise. They gave away a spa package to the mother with the most kids under the age of 4 and I was in competition with a couple other ladies but Abby was born first so I WON! It was such a fun surprise and I will most defiantly be enjoying that one of these days!!! And when we left they gave us all a rose! I came home to open a Starbucks gift card from my mom (so sweet)and a new crock pot. They say you shouldn't buy a woman kitchen appliances for holidays but over Easter I tried to cook for company in my little 3 quart and it was apparent that this family needed an upgrade. B did good with a nice stainless steal 6 quart model. I actually used my 3 quart to cook the pork loin in today but we had to do all the potatoes separately. My wonderful mother-in-law helped a great deal while I was in and out of the kitchen chasing little people! I don't know who gave my children caffeine but if it wasn't for her, crock pot or not, we probably wouldn't have eaten until midnight -ha! She makes better gravy than me anyways! Thanks so much for your help Grandma -I'm so blessed to have a mother-in-law I actually want around!
M talking after her bath!
Madilyn all dolled up for church. I wish we would have thought to take a picture of us all dressed up before church but we just barely made it to church on time anyways. I bought this adorable headband at the farmers market this weekend from my friends at Cupcake Couture! http://www.cupcakecoutureheadbands.com/
These girls are so talented! I'm proud to have their stuff. I will try to post the other stuff I found including the binky clip from Cupcake, also!
See new post on: http://www.ellweinhouse.blogspot.com/
Too cute! Love all those girls! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day!
ReplyDelete