Today we met with our midwife, Mary Ann Brown. She is terrific and made us feel very much at ease! I wasn't sure about an out of hospital birth but after talking to her I feel more confident about what my body can do. I was planning a back-up doctors and a doula but Mary Ann indicated that in Helena there is not a need for back-up doctors b/c you can just rush to the hospital and she will act in place of a doula unless I wanted one. We can go to her nice birthing center or birth at home. I think I will make decisions like that several months from now.
BIRTHING CENTER PHOTOS
Updates:
Midwife apt: Tue 6-22-10
Doc apt: Thur 7-1-10
Ultrasound: Thur 7-1-10
Today I have been jittery but I have had a cup of coffee and not a lot to eat. It is kind of dreary outside so I'm not sure if that might be why I'm not in a more energetic mood. I have been sleeping well but having CRAZY dreams which babycenter.com says is very normal 6 weeks in. Our fathers day card for my father-in-law came back in the mail today and we have no idea why. The postage and address were correct so we might have to tell him the good news when Brent gets home from work today. In preperation I'm reading "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" It seems like a great book and I wish I had had it 4 years ago. It's written with more of a natural tone.



I have this same book that I bought when I was pregnant with Abigail and I totally agree with you. It's such a wonderful resource. Having babies is the most natural thing in the world. I'm so happy for you. The girls will be so excited to have a new brother or sister!
ReplyDeleteThe Birthing Center looks really nice.
ReplyDelete